Common Core Standards - ELA
Reading Instruction in the Elementary
Wausaukee Elementary School is using the Developmental Studies Making Meaning program. The lessons are directly linked to the Common Core State Standards. Click here for the CCSS Corelation Tool .
Students who read on a regular basis have an educational advantage:
Reading Gr4-6 presentation
Reading GrK-3 presentation
One of the scores that students receive as a result of the Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) assessments a LEXILE range.
Using your LEXILE score:
- To find a book based on your LEXILE scores, go to: Visit the “Find A Book” Website
- To find out what the LEXILE score is for a book you want to read, enter the book name in the "Quick Book Search" box on the Find a Book page
You can use your Lexile score to help you find materials for research projects:
- Go to: http://www.badgerlink.org/ and click on Resources for: Students
- For grades K-3, use the "SearchaSaurus" link.
- For students in grades 1-12 click on the "Student Research Center" link
Zone of Proximal Development - ZPD
Reading books that are in your ZPD range helps you achieve optimal growth in reading skills without experiencing frustration. Your ZPD range is calculated when you take the STAR Reading Test.
- To find out what zone your library book is in, go to http://www.arbookfind.com/UserType.aspx
Web 2.0 Tools for Writing
Web 2.0 Tools to Boost Writing Proficiency
In this article in Teaching Exceptional Children, Jill Olthouse and Myriah Tasker Miller (West Virginia University/Morganton) list the characteristics of ...more